Who is Munro Safety Solutions Limited?
Munro Safety Solutions Ltd. was set up by Dave Munro who is a Chartered Member of IOSH. The company core business is to provide HSE advice, guidance and support to local SME businesses.
Dave became involved in HSE in 1992 when working in the offshore industry. After attaining the Nebosh Certificate at Worcester College of Technology, he started working professionally as an HSE Consultant in 1996. The next five years he continued working as an HSE Professional while studying for the IOSH Diploma and MSc.
The next few years were spent working on and supporting high risk operations. This progressed to the writing of policies, processes and procedures for international companies.
During that time Dave was responsible for:
- Supporting projects of varying sizes and values but always with high risks to ensure safe and healthy working practices.
- Developing HSE processes with supporting procedures and documents for expanding organisations. This included developing and delivering training of new or changes to working methods.
- Carrying out cultural assessments and implementing improvements that promoted a positive HSE culture.
- Developing the crisis management and emergency response capability. This required training of the various disciplines within the teams, both regionally and globally.
- Presented at an Industry Lead Body Forum on a specific area of emergency response.
- Developing a company wide Permit to Work process for two different international organisations.
- Developing a complete Integrated Management System (IMS) for a newly formed international company. The IMS attained ISO certification within 11 months. This work provided a real insight into the intent of the legal requirements as well as what was practical for the business.
- Managing a large HSEQ Department in Scandinavia during a large company merger.
- Providing support for the implementation of software to support company growth such as:
- Agility (Document Management System);
- Synergi (HSE recording and statistical analysis);
- Solcara, (emergency response);
- Unisea (PtW).
As the owner of a small business (not linked to the HSE profession) some years ago, Dave understands the importance of workable HSE into the running of a SME business.
These skills, knowledge and experience are scalable as core HSE Legislation applies to all industries regardless of their size.
Dave also holds a CITB SMSTS certificate, and a construction CSCS card.